Friday, July 2, 2010

Everything Can Wait.

A lot has happened in the past 24 hours. Although really, it's only been one thing, it just felt like a lot.

Yesterday, at 4:30 in the afternoon, my brother's friend Tyler found his mom dead. He woke up around 4:30, and saw her on the couch. He didn't have a phone to call 911, so he messaged Tony through his Xbox 360. Tony didn't know what to think at first, I guess, but he sprinted over there with Amber nonetheless. When they got there, Tony used his phone to call the police. I didn't find out until later, that Tony and Amber also saw the body. That kind of upset me.

After Tony called the police, he called my mom. Me and her went over there. We got there just as the first cop pulled up. They asked Tyler and his grandmother a lot of questions. Tyler wasn't crying, he was just kind of sitting on the ground. But he still didn't look good.

Tyler's mom was a drinker. A really bad one. But that didn't make this any easier, or more expected. His grandmother was really a mess. Because of this, my mom offered to let Tyler stay over our house for the night.

We brought him to Tony's baseball game. Amber talked to him the whole time. Will came to the house after, and spent some time with everyone. Anything to keep Tyler occupied. They all ended up going to see The Last Airbender.

I guess the one thing Tyler's really worried about is what's going to happen to him. He doesn't want to live with his grandma, and he hasn't spoken to his father since he was young. Honestly, he might end up living with us. He really might. I don't think anyone would mind, either. He's a really nice kid, and one of Tony's oldest friends.

I guess this really took a toll on both Amber and Will. Amber's mom also drinks a lot, and Will's dad is addicted to pain killers. It made them both realize that their parents could end up the same way, I guess. Will was really a mess.

I don't know how the next few days will unfold, but hopefully things will look up.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about that. In that kind of situtation I wouldn't know what to do.

    ReplyDelete