Thursday, July 15, 2010

Multitasking with Stila

I'm currently waiting around for my mom to get home, so we can set up the payment plan for my tuition (which is due tomorrow). So with the free time, I figured I'd make a post I was thinking about.

I commute to school, and this September I will be facing every commuter's greatest nightmare: 8 am classes.

What happens with those? It means I sleep as late as I can, until about 10 minutes before I absolutely HAVE to dash out the door, or I'll be late. Which doesn't leave much time for makeup, now does it?

That's where Stila comes in. I've never seen a brand with so many multitasking products. Here, I'll show you just one (please bear with me on the photos, my camera isn't exactly the best):

Stila's Lip and Cheek Stains ($24 each on Sephora.com for .08 oz):
Left to right: Mango Crush, Cherry Crush, and Pomegranate Crush.

Left to right: Pomegranate, Cherry, Mango.

I like these a lot. Really. They make life so much easier. The colors of the packaging look a little menacing, but they're very wearable. My favorite one is mango crush right now. You might not be able to tell from the picture, but it's a little more opaque than the others, and it's shimmery. Pomegranate is a plummy-pink, Cherry is red, and Mango is a shimmery coral. There are also several other colors to choose from.

They look like lipglosses in the picture, but that's because of the way I globbed them on my wrist. When you put them on, they settle completely into your lips, and voila! Your lips, just better. No glossy mess, no cakey lipstick look. Just blot them a bit, and it doesn't feel like you're wearing anything. Used as a blush, they blend quickly and easily into your cheek. So here's my run down:

Likes-
-Quick application
-Very long lasting
-Not sticky
-Versatile
-No nasty felt-tip pen crap to deal with

Dislikes-
-Slightly drying (though easily remedied with a swipe of lip balm on top)
-The slightest dry spot or unevenness on your lips gets highlighted
-The price tag (although I got these in a bundle, for about the price of one!)

Bottom line, I love these. They're a bit pricey, but worth it to me. Lip stains are lip color in its finest (in my opinion) and few do it better than Stila.

2 comments:

  1. I want to request a post about liquid eyeliner, LOL. Now that Sephora is coming to the Trumbull mall, I want to know which one you recommend

    ReplyDelete
  2. It depends on what you prefer. If you like eyeliner with a felt tip, Stila's liquid eyeliner is great. It's also very easy to use. Urban Decay's liquid eyeliner is also awesome, but it has a brush instead. I love them equally.

    ReplyDelete